728x90 AdSpace

  • Latest News

    Have never made films for audiences: Vishal Bharadwaj

    Panaji: The Hindi filmmakers today said that while they want to be true and innovative to their craft, box office dynamics cannot be ignored while making a movie. "I have never made films for audiences. I did them for myself. I wish some of my films recovered costs for the producers. None of my films have made any money," said director Vishal Bharadwaj, who has directed films like 'Ishqiya', 'Kaminey' and 'Omkara'.
    Bharadwaj, who is famous for adapting literary works including Shakespeare in his cinema, said he makes films that he believes in.
    Director Zoya Akhtar, who is two films old, echoed the same but added that dynamics of the box office cannot be ignored.
    Movies to watch out for at IFFI
    IBNLive
    "Everybody wants to make money with their films. I want the audience to watch it. But I don't want to change what I am making. I am very Bollywood. I want to make films which I like," she said.
    Bharadwaj and Akhtar were participating in the knowledge session at Film Bazaar at IFFI in Goa today.
    Bollywood actors including Abhay Deol, Kalki Koechlin and Sanjay Suri also participated in the discussion which spoke about 'new generation filmmakers as trendsetters.'
    Deol said that after two flop commercial films, he now chooses movies only if he is convinced with the script.
    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments
    Item Reviewed: Have never made films for audiences: Vishal Bharadwaj Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Unknown
    Scroll to Top